The position will coordinate scientific research projects and communications within the Principal Investigator, team, partner organizations, and community stakeholders. They will refine and supervise project management software workflows to help ensure lab deliverables and project goals are met. They will additionally conduct administrative tasks such as payment processing, meeting coordination, and note-taking as needed. The Research Coordinator will help develop and refine public-friendly communications products to disseminate findings to a broad range of audiences. If there is interest, the coordinator may also work with the team to compose research manuscripts and present research findings at meetings and/or conferences.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of a research lab, collaborating regularly with lab leadership to plan and execute research projects (50%);
- Coordinate management of research partnerships with government agencies, foundations, and community-based organizations and serve as project coordinator for research and technical assistance projects;
- Supervise administration of projects, including planning new procedures, adapting existing procedures to the needs of the project, and making contributions to project management methodology;
- Manage student research assistants and interns on various projects using standard project workflow procedures; and
- Coordinate event planning for key research stakeholder meetings.
- Guide implementation of communications deliverables necessary for effective research translation to multiple groups, including (25%):
- Prepare paper-based and digital media communications (memos, presentations, social media posts, and papers) targeting policymakers, community-based organizations, and academic audiences;
- Assist with writing grant proposals and managing grant reports;
- Coordinate material submissions and administrative work required for compliance to ensure engaged and ethical research, including (25%):
- Ensure compliance with institutional, state and federal regulatory policies and procedures as well as internal data privacy and security policies, by coordinating with the principal investigator and staff;Prepare human subjects protocols and amendments for IRB; &
- Process payments, reimbursements, and support related administration work as needed.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Geography or GIScience, Social Science, Health Sciences, Business, Communications, or related field.
- Preferred: Masters degree in Geography or GIScience, Social Science, Health Sciences, Business, Communications, or related field.
- Required: One year working experience at a non-profit organization, academic institution, or civic organization within an administrative setting. One year experience in communications work, and/or event management.
- Preferred: At least three years working experience at a non-profit organization, academic institution, or civic organization within an administrative setting. At least three years experience in communications work and event management.